Beginning Monday, Aug. 15, all passenger vehicular traffic entering campus from Comstock Avenue will enter and exit campus via Euclid Avenue. Only emergency vehicles, campus shuttles and buses will be permitted to enter or exit campus through the University Place gate.
This traffic change will serve several important purposes that include:
- Allowing Centro buses to more efficiently serve all campus community members, especially those with disabilities, on ADA-friendly routes through campus and to/from its downtown Centro hub.
- City routes heading to the downtown hub will pick up passengers for such service on the Life Sciences Complex side of College Place (east side, north of Life Sciences) instead of on Comstock Avenue.
- All other campus bus routes will continue to depart at the main College Place stop near Sims Hall.
- Creation of an additional bus stop for year-round passenger service for those Centro routes on College Place, near the Life Sciences Complex.
- Improving safety and emergency response times by centrally locating Syracuse University Ambulance services near Lyman Hall. This will provide first responders with access to enhanced and improved routes for outbound ambulances.
- Reducing roadway congestion to further enhance pedestrian safety on campus.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 443-4652. And, if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in the Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services, at 443-2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.