Campus Planning, Design and Construction teams have scheduled work that will occur through the semester break, including the following:
- Bowne Hall First Floor Renovation: Construction continues on the first floor of Bowne Hall in preparation of the relocation of the Bursar and Cash Operations from Archbold in late January 2017.
- Comstock Art Facility Foundry Exhaust System: Improvements to the existing exhaust system are planned in rooms 002 and 010 on the ground floor of the Comstock Art Facility.
- Falk College Mechanical Equipment Screening: A crane will be located in the Q1 lot for two to three days during the break to lift material to the roof. The lot will remain open during the work.
- Flanagan Gym Accessible Upgrades: Construction of an elevator to provide access to both floors of the facility and the creation of an accessible restroom on the first floor has commenced. Construction will continue through the semester break.
- Flint Hall Generator Docking Stations: Infrastructure is being installed to support a mobile generator. Upon completion of the project, the building will be connected to a generator to support the electrical demand during a power outage.
- Goldstein Student Center and Comstock Art Facility Accessible Bathrooms: New single-user accessible restrooms are proposed in both facilities. Construction has started and will continue during the semester break.
- Heroy Lab 019 Modifications: Design for laboratory modifications to support a new piece of equipment have begun. A majority of construction will take place during the semester break.
- Irving Garage Concrete Stair Repair: Concrete restoration is planned for the deteriorated concrete in the stairwell the serves the Irving pedestrian bridge.
- Link Hall ADA Entry and Auditorium Improvements: Construction continues on this new entry. The new entry will be open in January 2017 for the start of the spring semester.
- Lyman Hall Lower Level Renovations for SU Ambulance: Preparations have begun to relocate SU Ambulance from 804 University Ave. to the lower level of Lyman Hall in January 2017.
- Slocum Hall CNC Machine Exhaust Improvements: Ventilation system improvements for Slocum Hall room 006 are planned in advance of the purchase of a computer numerically controlled machine.
Physical Plant will also be executing several smaller-scale construction projects, including the following:
- Upgrading audio visual technologies in several spaces in the Newhouse Complex and Gifford Auditorium;
- Several ADA improvements in the Newhouse Complex and the Women’s Building;
- Remodeling the Dunkin Donuts in Schine and Goldstein student centers; and
- Refinishing the bench in the Schine Student Center atrium.
The last fall construction information session will be held Wednesday, Dec. 7, in the Heroy Geology Building, Room 113, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Construction information sessions will continue in January 2017 as we work toward sharing an updated Campus Framework report with the campus community. An announcement will be made in advance of the January session. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) will be provided. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact the Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services (EOIRS) office at 315.443.4018.
The Campus Framework Advisory Group has begun its work of analyzing feedback, and incorporating this feedback into the upcoming revised draft of the Campus Framework. If you haven’t had an opportunity to read the draft Campus Framework, please visit campusframework.syr.edu.
If you have any construction-related questions, comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com. For parking concerns, call Parking and Transit Services at 315.443.4652. And if you have questions pertaining to accessibility, contact Aaron Hodukavich, director and ADA coordinator in EOIRS, at 315.443.2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.